Monday, November 23, 2015

You're so good with kids, the elderly, animals...

I love watching you interact...with anyone or anything. You amaze me with your ability to put anyone at ease, with always knowing the right thing to say or do. You are always kind to people. I've always said that I think the most important thing in the world is to treat people with kindness. I've taught my kids that, and I try to live by that. Watching you....that's just who you are. You're rarely irritable, you're rarely mad or even bothered. It blows me away, really. I've never met anyone who can keep their cool as much as you, who can diffuse any kind of situation and who never resorts to yelling, or being rude.
My favorite is watching you with kids, specifically mine:) You don't talk to them in a "kid voice." You talk to them as one person to another. You tease them, you make lots and lots of trouble! You give them (great) advice. There are no pretenses and you're very sincere. Thank you for being such a good example to them. Thank you letting them see that there are kind, good men who always want to do the right thing.
Vaughn before I met you I was careful not to label men, especially when talking to my daughters. The expression "men are pigs" really irritates me. No, not all men are pigs. And not all women are saints. I always told my daughters there are good men out there, who love their families and who do whats right. I know I believed that, but I didn't realize how much I was speaking the truth. You are a MAN in every sense of the word and meaning. You are a good man, and I'm proud of who you are. I'm proud to have you as an example to my children. I'm proud of how you treat me, and how you treat others. Family, friends, coworkers, perfect strangers- you're the same person to all of them.
I get teased so bad by my daughters for telling them I'm happy you're an example to them, but I don't care. Eventually they will really understand what I meant and how much it means to me for them to see daily examples of how a good man behaves.
Thank you for always being kind and always trying to do what's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment