Friday, November 20, 2015

Just SOME of our experiences

It seems like we have done so much together in just a year and a half. We spend a lot of time at home, hanging out with our kids. But, we've managed to get out a few times, have fun and make memories. There are some experiences that just stand out.

The Blazer game:

I'd only been to a Blazer game once, and my seat was in the 300 section in the waaay back. Well Patty had some tickets she wasn't using and she let us take them. We went to a McMenamins first for dinner. Anyway we got to the Blazer game and I realized our tickets were actually on the floor, they were amazing! I've never had that type of experience. It was so fun to go with you and bug you with all of my questions. The players were less than a foot in front of me some of the times, it was definitely an experience I'll always remember.

Phantom of the Opera & 42nd Street:

Again, Patty gave us tickets to both shows. They are the only two shows I've ever been to, and I loved them both. I loved Phantom because my Mom loved it and I remember listening to the music with her and having it played in our home. So it was special to me for that. We got dressed up and went to Henry's first so I could finally eat the famous fries. The whole night was fun and it was nice to get dressed up and go out for the night.
42nd street was so good. I loved it for the tapping, the music, the story line. I also loved it because we had the whole evening to ourselves. We were talking about where we should go for dinner and I asked you if you would make me dinner at your house instead. You were happy to do so, of course. So we had a delicious dinner at your house (you're an amazing cook) then went to the show, and afterwards you practically made me go to Portland City Grill because I had never been there and you were dying to show me the view. I kept saying no because I knew it was expensive but you dragged me up there and I'm glad you did. It's gorgeous up there. We didn't stay too long but long enough to have some fries, pumpkin donuts, semi-yummy drinks and to look at the beautiful view. You said almost a year and a half later and you finally found me my view. So sweet. After Portland City Grill we headed to your house for a drink but needed to stop at QFC to get Megan cookie dough. That's so us, doing family/kid things in the middle of a date, which neither of us mind doing. We got back to your house and you made me a drink. After the first you offered me a second and you were so surprised I accepted. You said "It's past midnight and you have to drive home still." Well, I didn't. I had been planning a surprise for you all week. I asked Karissa (Kara's friend) to come stay the night at my house with my kids so I could stay at yours, that was the first time I had ever done something like that and I was so excited. I say it was a surprise for you, but it was really a surprise for both of us. You loved it, I loved it. It was so nice to not have to make the evening end without each other.

Fatheads, flirting with 50 year old dirty whores:

This will forever be funny to me! We went to Fatheads with your friends Joe, Susan, Mark and David. You made me sit by David, who is just as nice as can be, but has halitosis bad. Thanks a lot! Anyway, you were on my left and Joe was across from you at a community type table. Two women walked in wearing dirty ho shirts (??) and they were celebrating one of their 50th birthdays. I can't remember why their shirts said dirty ho/whore, but just that they did. They sat across from eachother, both next to you and Joe. Joe started chatting them up and you just felt you had to do the same so you did't look rude. Rigghhhtt!! You sat and flirted with her for a good 20 minutes! I was thinking, wait, he knows his girlfriend is right next to him right?! It was actually funny. Joe bought their drinks...his wife was sitting right next to him. It was all a little strange! I can't believe you flirted with a dirty ho at Fatheads!  Right in front of me! Flirt! I had to drive home since you had a few drinks, and it was with Megan's car. Her pedals are so different than mine plus I was wearing hills and you made me drive on Germantown, bad combo! It was a jerky ride home but we made it.

Rock Bottom & Garth Brooks

You surprised me with last minute tickets to go see Garth Brooks.  We had dinner at Rock Bottom first and shared a salad and some chicken fried chicken (my favorite, yum). I love that when we go to restaurants we sometimes order two things to share.We got on the max with at least 1500 other Portland residents! All our age, going to see Garth:) It was a great concert. We had a big pole in our way, but we were so close to the stage. On our way home we max hopped and were so squished we didn't even have to hold on. Thank you for taking me to see Garth! He's one of my favorites and it was a good concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment