Wednesday, November 18, 2015

You, making my life easier

I'll never forget the night I needed to drop my car off at the shop, I needed to help set up for varsity football team dinner, I had carpool duties, and I had to buy ingredients and make enough macaroni and cheese to feed 35 growing boys. You selflessly gave me your entire evening. You took me to set up, and came back to get me when I called. You drove my carpool with me sitting shot gun. You followed me over to the shop to drop my car off, you took me to the grocery store, and then carried my groceries in. You gave me your night without a single complaint, only continually thinking of ways to make things easier for me. It meant so much to me Vaughn. You are constantly lightening my load, happily. I've never met someone like you.
I remember being so exhausted and overwhelmed that night. As I was getting ready for bed, I was thinking about how much more exhausted and how much more overwhelmed I could have been if not for your help. What would I do without you? I ask myself that question more than once a day. I'm lucky to have you in my life. For many other reasons, but especially for your willingness and desire to help make my life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment