Friday, November 20, 2015

Our birthday

I'll never get over having the same birthday. We might have been born in different years (you are soooooo much older than I am-ha!) but the same day. I love telling people that. On our birthday we are so corny. We say Happy Birthday! Oh Happy Birthday to you, too! We are so corny asking each other how each's birthday is going.
We were only dating a couple of weeks before our birthday in 2014. I remember texting during the day, but I was going to my girls last day of school parties and I'm sure you were busy working. We both decided to go out to dinner with our families and then meet up a little later for drinks. Since it was the last day of school for all of our kids, they were more interested in going out with their friends than dinner with us, but they nicely gave us a little bit of their time. We each had early dinners and they all went their own ways. You picked me up and we went to the Rock, a place we have been to quite a few times and have found drinks we love there.We got some drinks and appetizers and had no idea where we were going from there. My friend Toni had just given me some movie gift cards so we made a last minute decision to go see 22 Jumpstreet, it was hilarious! We really liked it. It was late by the time the movie got out so we drove over to a sports bar in Tigard for more appetizers and drinks. It was so,so weird. There were some weird people there, and we ordered a weird plate of hummus & veggies. I just remember thinking...ew. So we didn't stay long, we went for a drive after and then you dropped me off. It was a great night! Thanks for celebrating your birthday that year with me! Thank you for celebrating mine with me, too!

For our next birthday together in 2015, we spent a little more time together. We first went on a long walk over to Biscuits for breakfast. We found a way to get our exercise in but also eat, that's so us! Breakfast was yummy and the walk home was nice. We got ready for the day and ran a few errands (we were looking for sunglasses for me because it drives you nuts when I don't have any). Again, it was the last day of school for our kids. We had planned a dinner for everyone a couple of weeks earlier. We invited Patty and Carl, your Mom and Ozzie, your kids and mine. We planned on meeting everyone at Buffalo Wild Wings but only your crew showed up:) Jace decided last minute he didn't want to go, Ashley was out of town and Ella was at a party so only Ava came with me. Patty, Carl, Pam, Ozzie, Austin and Megan all showed up too. It was a nice dinner, but Ava was pouting the entire time because she was so bored and didn't feel like talking to adults. I was so embarrassed she was acting like that! After dinner she went to a friends house, everyone else went their own ways and it was just us again. We went down to Henrys for chocolate martinis and fries. It wasn't like it could have been. We should have had a great time, but I was so hurt Jace and Ella missed dinner, and I hadn't heard from Ashley much. I think I really ruined the evening with my sad mood! But, it's you, and you never get too bothered. I can't remember what we did after Henry's. I think we just went home. The late evening wasn't great, but the day/early evening was great and I'm so grateful we got to spend it together.
There's something really cool about sharing a birthday! I love sharing it with you. I love you!









No comments:

Post a Comment